Monday, October 2, 2017

October 2, 2017

Hello everyone!

I hope that you all had a good week! I definitely did! We watched General Conference, where the prophet and the apostles speak to us. It was super awesome. I got a lot of questions answered.

I hope you all go to lds.org and watch/listen to some of those talks again! They had a great impact on me. My faith in Jesus Christ has increased so much. 

Funny enough, that is actually the reason we have prophets! Prophets are given to us by God to help our faith increase.  

In my studies this week, I read in the Book of Mormon, in Mosiah 3:13, which says this:

“And the Lord God hath sent his holy prophets among all the children of men, to declare these things to every kindred, nation, and tongue, that thereby whosoever should believe that Christ should come, the same might receive remission of their sins, and rejoice with exceedingly great joy, even as though he had already come among them.”

I know that God gives us prophets so our faith can increase, and so we can receive a remission of our sins through faith in Jesus Christ. 

I invite everyone to apply the things they learned in General Conference. If we don’t apply the things we learned, General Conference just turns into a waste of a weekend. That’s a lot of time. 

I love you all! Appropriately.

In other news, it has rained almost all week here in Windsor. And we are still trying to find new people to teach. Most people are too busy smoking weed. But we will find people who are willing to put down the bong and listen soon :)

Elder Bush


Zone Conference!j





image1.jpeg



(Email to Mom):
I loved Conference! It was amazing. It is hard for me to pick even a top 5 favorite talks. I have already re-listened to 4 or 5 of them hahaha 

I loved Elder Pingree’s talk. That one really struck me. He definitely answered a question of my soul in that talk! Very cool. I also really loved Elder Maynes talk from the priesthood session. It was about integrity and really inspired me to be better. Elder Hollands talk was of course amazing. I also really loved Brother Callister’s talk about the Book of Mormon. Elder Andersen’s talk was super good too! It is really hard for me to pick a favorite. I loved all of them.  One of my favorite quotes came from the talk about developing love and charity. I don’t remember who it was by, but he said something like “Love without service is like faith without works- it’s dead.” Super powerful and reminded me to make sure that my actions speak louder than my words. 

We tried to help some investigators and less actives watch conference with us, but we weren’t able to succeed in that effort.  Jake is doing well, we think. Hahaha we have tried to reach out to him a couple of times and he responded the first time, but the second time he did not respond. We will probably try to stop by sometime soon. He has a lot of potential! He is very humble and he is seeking for truth! We really hope that he reads the Book of Mormon and prays about it sincerely. I know that if he does, he will be answered for sure. 

It’s so crazy to me that Halloween is just around the corner! TIme is flying by so quickly. I apologize in advance because my emails will be a little short. We spent most of the day deep-cleaning the apartment. You would be proud. It’s not perfect, but it is really clean. I think I am slowly becoming OCD like you guys. I go crazy if I’m living in a dirty apartment! I’ll send some pictures. :)

Elder McFadden is from Seattle, Washington, although he grew up in Logan Utah. His family is actually living in Melbourne Australia right now because of his dads work. He has 2 sisters and 1 brother. He played college lacrosse at Utah State and he is not a huge fan of BYU. When i say that, I mean he really does not like BYU lol I always tease him and keep telling him to pay his tithing 😂 He recently learned that a large part of my schooling is paid for by tithing, and that bugs him a lot lol

He is a good worker and very obedient. He has an interesting personality and can sometimes come off as a jerk because he just says whatever is on his mind. I’m getting used to that hahaha we have a lot of fun and we get a lot of work done. I’m sad to say that we are probably the hardest working AP companionship since I’ve ever been in the mission. The AP’s have a bad rep of bumming it and finding excuses to do office work instead of missionary work. It always kind of annoyed us and now Elder McFadden and I are determined to fix that. Elder Fraser and I did our best to change that too. I am glad to see the progress that the mission is making. 

I love you Mom! Thank you so much for being the best mom ever. You really inspire me and help me to be better every day. 


Lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove, 

Elder Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment