Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9, 2017

(Email to mom)


It’s so crazy that it’s already October! We are getting a pretty solid amount of snow today! It feels like we are already entering the winter months 

We are about to start transfer planning this week! After this week, I will have 3 transfers left. These weeks just keep flying by. Everyone told me that the mission would fly by but I didn’t really believe them. These have been the fastest 2 years of my life for sure. I am really trying to make sure that I make the most of these last few months. 

This week we went on 3 exchanges. I went with Elder Shober, Elder Judd, and Elder Fluhman. These guys are some awesome missionaries. I learned a lot from them. We also saw a lot of really cool miracles! On the day that I was with Elder Judd, we found a whole bunch of new investigators! 

We found a young family of 3! Josh, Lindsey, and Theo. Theo is less than a year old and Josh and Lindsey are in their 20s! It was so cool to talk to them and feel the Spirit working through us! We stopped and talked to them on the street and learned that Josh had grown up in the church, but had never been baptized. His family fell away when he was about 6. Lindsey had been to all sorts of churches. They are looking for a church that they can go to! We are meeting with them now and we hope to help prepare them for baptism. So you can keep Josh and Lindsey in your prayers for sure! 

We also found another guy named Ryan, who wants help from God to raise his family in this crazy world. We also met Donna and John, who are taking care of their grandkids, and they are super receptive! We also found Jeremy, who was really interested in hearing the gospel so that he could be a better father! It was a day full of miracles. It was very cool to be a part of those miracles! We have since taught most of the people that we found that day. I hope and pray that they listen to the promptings from the Spirit to act on the message we share. 

This week we also got Facebook! It is super weird. It is also super easy to be distracted. I have been working hard to make sure that doesn’t happen. We are trying to train everyone to be focused on their purpose and not get distracted by social media. It is really easy for that to happen. 

Also this week, I got really sick, for the first time in a few years! I felt awful for about 6 or 7 hours. I think it may have been food poisoning actually.  Luckily I recovered quickly, thanks to prayer. During that period of sickness, I lost 11 pounds lol I’m almost back to my original weight before I came on my mission! Crazy hahaha 

Today we have been without wifi for a while, we have been giving rides to people and shopping, so my email is a lot shorter than usual. 


Love you mom :)


Elder Bush


1 comment: