Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September 25, 2017

I get a lot of new favorite scriptures.
My new favorite scripture this week is D&C 6:34-37. It is the Savior
speaking directly to us! I love it. It is so powerful.

Take just a second to read it here. If you are looking for some
comfort and some strength, or if you need to become recommitted to
serving God, if you're having a bad day, or if you even just want to
feel loved, pay close attention! (I think that everyone should be
included in those groups mentioned above hahaha)
I love this scripture.

34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell
combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot
prevail.

35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform
with soberness the work which I have commanded you.

36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the
nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye
shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.


This is Jesus Christ speaking directly to you! He loves you! He wants
you to find peace. When we are built upon His rock (the doctrine of
Christ), we cannot fall! I hope the Spirit was able to touch your
hearts as you read that scripture.


For the creative finding methods... I went on exchanges with a super
athletic missionary this week. He can do a standing backflip in his
suit!

So we decided to be a little bit unconventional. We knocked on a door
and proposed a deal with the guy who answered. If my companion could
do a backflip in his front yard, then he had to listen to our message
😏

Naturally, the guy who answered the door (his name was Jake) agreed to
the deal. My companion proceeded to execute a perfect backflip in his
front yard and then we taught him the restoration. 😄

We met with Jake again today and he said he would be abptized if he
came to know that the Book of Mormon was true! We are excvited for
him. This weekl we have actually found lots of new people to teach.
This work is true! Sometimes we just have to be creative 😂

Also, shoutout to my friends in the Loveland Stake! It was so good to
see a lot of you at the stake reorganization meeting last night.
keeping my fingers crossed that I can come back 🤞

I wish that i could go back and serve in all of my previous wards. I
love those people.

with appropriate love forever,
Elder Bush

Picture: we went hiking last p-day. It was sweet.




(Email to mom:)

I got your package today! I promptly ate all of the cookies. I probably should have shared them but I totally didnt. Whoops. Lol My companion is trying to be healthy anyways. Obviously im not. I actually am trying to eat healthier. I try my best to avoid sweets now. But i really struggle with working out... my workout this morning was 40 push-ups. Nice 👍

We can go up to Estes Park and hike, play frisbee golf, go visit people all over the mission, we can even go visit some of my previous companions! It  would be so cool. We would have to go see Ron and the roylances and the bighams and the sanders and amanda and spencer and the smiths and Keith and the millers and zandra too. We would have to go say hi to Jan ross in cheyenne and hopefully some people here in windsor too! I have so many people that i would love to say hi to- we would be able to go say hi to the McMurray's of course, and also go see a bunch of awesome missionaries hahaha 

I love these people. 

Well in my email to dad i talked a lot about finding! (The big miracle this week was probably Jake) It has gone well for us this week. We found a lot of less actives who want to come back to church, which is cool. Last week, our area book looked depressing, and to a certain extent it still does lol but i will send a picture of what it looks like now. We have 2 progressing investigators now and a lot more potentials! Exciting stuff. The Lord's hand is in this work. Even when we feel that we aren't seeing any success, He is always working behind the scenes to bring His children home to Him. 

I love being a missionary. This weekend, Elder McFadden and I decided that the reason we weren't seeing very much success is because we were not prepared to teach the people that the Lord wanted to give us. We decided that we were going to rise above that and fully prepare ourselves to see the success that the Lord wants to bless us with. Those were the goals and plans that we made and sent to you on the photoshare. I'm confident that if we can do that, the Lord is going to bless others through us. It's all about being prepared to be an instrument in His hands. 

We are also getting ready for zone conferences. We are training about one of Satan's greatest tools: distraction. As President Uchtdorf said- "It is good that I talk about things that I know so much about" (I think that was technically his wife but you get the picture) 

I don't know if you are going to recognize me when I get home. My mission has totally changed me. At BYU, my biggest obstacle was making sure I was focused enough to get everything done that I needed to. It was pretty much a successful day if I was only distracted on the computer for 2 hours. Lol 

I was usually distracted for a lot longer than that. I have no clue how i survived that semester hahaha Now I go crazy if I have wasted 30 minutes out of a day. I have intense guilt if I waste any time. I think that is because my purpose as a missionary is so important. But my time on earth is just as important of my mission as it is on my mission! I can be accomplishing good my whole life, not just for 2 years! One of the reasons I am so excited to get to work when I get home is because I love the feeling of accomplishing things. It's awesome. 

But yeah, I am excited to give this training. We are using some good scriptures- namely Alma 39:1-4, 11, 13, 15-16 and D&C 6:34-37. Take a look at those and see how they apply to being focused on the missionary purpose and not being distracted by other things. 

You know, I dont know how you can help the kids live that kind of regimented schedule. Something that helped me was the principle of accountability. At the end of each day, maybe you could have them be accountable for all of the worthwhile things they have accomplished. Maybe give them a couple of days of free reign and then help them see the difference between the days where they kept a set schedule and they days where they didnt. Maybe see if you can help them understand the difference in the amount of things they accomplished. Idk. I'm not sure if that will motivate them or not, but I just kinda threw those ideas out as i thought of them. Accountability has definitely helped me on my mission. I can't stand having unproductive days lol maybe you can use those scriptures that i just mentioned to help the kids learn. Also, there is a really good activity in PMG about using time wisely and setting goals and making plans to achieve them. I will take a screenshot and send it to you. 

I love that Heavenly Father threw that quote in there for you in that self-reliance lesson! It wasn't just for you, it helps me too. I always get frustrated when I'm not perfect, but I am slowly realizing that I won't be perfect. And that's okay. I can be perfect in Christ. 

Elder McFadden and I are getting along super well! I love that guy. 

Mom, thank you for your example to me of diligence. Also, thanks for loving me, no matter what. I am so grateful that you and Dad put up with all of the junk that I gave (and still give) you guys. You are the best. I love you so much.

Elder Bush



No comments:

Post a Comment