Tuesday, August 8, 2017

August 7, 2017

This week we went to the temple again! I love that place. This time, I
learned a lot- especially ago the fact that everything points to the
Savior. It is only through Him that we can return to live with our
Heavenly Father!

Sadly, most of our brothers and sisters here on earth don't know that,
and many of them are lost in this world, searching from happiness and
truth, but they "know not where to find it"

We have found lots of people to teach this week just by talking with
everyone. I challenge you all to share your testimony of Jesus Christ
with someone this week! You will bless their lives more than you know
:)

Always appropriately yours,
Elder Bush







Email to mom: 
Happy Tuesday!

That's so crazy that the house in Georgia was finally sold! I remember going with dad to look for a house in Grovetown. That was so long ago- it's one of my favorite memories. I didn't really know what was going on, but I just loved spending time with dad.  I remember a couple of times where he asked me what I thought. I thought it was the coolest thing to be going with dad to look at houses. Hahaha

Also, I think it is so funny that you mention songs like those- I listened to songs like that all the time when I was companions with Elder Prescott! Hahaha he called it "The Brown Hymnbook" lol it's awesome. I posted a video on the photoshare. This morning we were actually listening to it in the car on the way to the temple hahaha

The temple was awesome! I was really blessed to be able to attend twice in the past 3 weeks. This time I was super tired 😴 but I still learned a lot. One of the things I learned was the it really is only through Jesus Christ that we can approach the Father and return to His presence. Sometimes I get caught up with all of the different things, but when I remember what they mean, it is powerful, and I love it. 

We had some really cool finding miracles this week! On exchanges with Elder Fluhman (the guy who was in my YSA Ward at BYU) we stopped and talked to this 16 or 17 year old girl named Emily in the street. She had just recently lost her father, and we shared the Book of Mormon with her. We read scriptures with her about how Jesus Christ makes us free and recovers us from the every fall we experience, and she liked it. We gave her a copy and asked if we could come back and teach her and her mother that evening. She said we could, so we went back that evening at 7 and her mother didn't really want to listen at that time, but she was totally cool with us teaching her daughter, so that was neat. We shared the whole restoration with Emily and the Spirit was definitely there! At the end of the lesson we asked her how she had felt, and she said that she felt really happy and that she believed it was true! So cool! We have not been able to meet with her again yet, but keep her in your prayers!


We also met with a guy named Isaac this week. He was taking his trash out on Saturday morning and we talked to him. He accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and we went back and taught him that afternoon. He enjoyed our message and committed to come to church this Sunday! He said he believed it was true, but we aren't sure if he understands priesthood authority completely. But the Spirit is definitely working on these people! I love being a missionary!



No comments:

Post a Comment