Friday, December 22, 2017

December 18, 2017

Hey Mom! 

Honestly, I think through iTunes would probably be easiest. And if you purchase some music on iTunes on Dad’s account, I can probably log in and download it onto my ipad so I can hear it. That way, everyone gets music! I guess some things I will need as far as music include hymns for sure. I know Dad has downloaded hymns from CDs onto his iTunes, but for some reason, I can’t access those when I log in from a different device. Pretty annoying. So a purchase might be needed there hahaha 

Thank you so much for the Christmas package. I got it a couple of days ago, and I am waiting to open it until Christmas haha we even bought a tiny little Christmas tree. Like really tiny. It’s technically an ornament. But we don’t have any money, soooo.... yeah.

Mom, that is so awesome!!!!!! Sometimes you don’t get to see the fruits from the seeds that you have planted for a while, but the fruit does come. That is so so so cool. How did the lesson go on Wednesday? I hope it went great. You are doing a great job at missionary work. And you were doing a great job before, too! You just weren’t able to see the fruit. But hopefully now, you can see how even the smallest acts can lead to big results, like this family being able to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives! That is amazing! 

This round of zone conferences, we learned a lot about having the faith to reap. I will share the talk with you. It is an amazing talk by Elder Wilford W. Anderson. He talks about how there are two different levels of faith. 

Faith to try, faith to enroll, faith to thrust in your sickle! This faith is good. 

But then you have 

Faith to do, faith to graduate, and faith to reap. This is the faith that we need if we want to see miracles. 

Laman and Lemuel had the faith to try! They walked 250 miles to Jerusalem to get the brass plates! They tried twice to get the plates from Laban. But, when things got tough, their faith failed. They had the faith to try. But Nephi had the faith to do! We can’t be so critical of Laman and Lemuel. Would we have tried the 3rd time after we had almost been killed by Laban? Would we have gone back into that city? Or would we say 
“Well, we tried! We did our best.”

If Laman and Lemuel had said those words “We tried, we did our best”, they wouldn’t have been lying! They did their best. They did everything they knew how to do. They walked 250 miles through barren wilderness to get these plates. They put a lot of effort into it. 

But often, our best isn’t enough.  I need Jesus Christ. His best is more than enough. That’s why there are 3 principles to having the faith to reap. 

1. Faith in Jesus Christ, not yourself. 
2. Your will must be in line with God’s will. God won’t be able to assist you if He doesn’t agree with the harvest. 
3. Work, work, work. 

Very cool stuff. 

This is where the miracles happen. I hope I have some miracles to share with you over the coming weeks. 

Love you Mom! I’m so excited to talk to you on Christmas morning too :)

Love,
Elder Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment