Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December 12, 2017



Performing as the Three Wise Men:


      





Elder Shellman did some relaxing breathing exercises and fell asleep...





Elder Shellman and Elder Bush






Mission approved hat?  Yes or No?





Hey Mom!

This week has gone well. We have been able to do a lot of work and we were able to find a couple of people to teach! It was really cool- this Saturday we had an awesome miracle when we decided to tract from 8-9 PM. It’s usually not the most productive time to tract, but I’ve seen lots of miracles from it. 

We knocked on this door at about 8:30, after talking to crazy guy who believed that the earth was flat. Lol. 
But this guy’s name was Joey, and Elder Shellman basically testified that there are prophets on the earth today and that the teachings of the prophets bless our families. Joey let us in! He explained to us that he had been going through a really rough time recently and that he wanted to hear our message. It was very cool because we were able to share the full restoration with him, and he responded well! We are going back to see him tonight. He explained to us that he wants to change his life and that he wants to be a better person. It was pretty cool to hear that from him. We shared Ether 12:27 and explained how the Savior can help him change and became a new person. It was super cool.

We also found someone named Chris who is pretty interested too! He was super super close to his grandfather when he was growing up, and then when he was 8, his grandfather passed away. Pretty sad. He has a lot fo questions about the purpose of life, and about why bad things happen to good people! He is excited to read the Book of Mormon to find the answers to his questions. 

Elder Shellman and I are getting along great. In answer to some of your questions, the 12 week program is what all new missionaries are supposed to go through in order to learn how to be missionaries. It covers the fundamentals of missionary work, which is pretty cool. 

And the training is going great. He likes to work hard and be obedient, which is great.  He tends to stress out about a lot of things. I am helping him to learn how to calm down, take deep breaths, reevaluate his expectations, and relax. So that’s good. 

Sorry, not a lot of time today. We’ve been quite busy and we have dinner in 30 minutes. But, I would like to respond to your question about school plans. 

And I actually do have to think about my plans a little bit in a few weeks, because they have this thing called My Plan that I am required to complete in my final transfer as a missionary. So yeah. But I am still as focused as possible. 

Anyways, Elder Tippetts and I have already decided that we are going to room together when we go to BYU. I will have to go at the fall semester because I don’t have money and will need to get a job. Elder Tippetts will conveniently also go at the fall semester. We want to get an apartment that is off-campus, preferably in between UVU’s campus and BYU’s campus so that some of our other friends who are going to UVU will have the chance to room with us too. So yeah. Hopefully that helps. Lol I was going to tell you about that this P-day actually because I wasn’t sure if Elder Tippett’s mom was going to contact you. Hahaha

Thanks again for sharing these insights. They are super helpful to me. I love them. 

As far as a Christmas package...

Hmmmmmm

I wish I had more ideas. But I’m now getting to the point where I’m trying to not collect to much stuff because I’m just going to end up getting rid of it in a couple of months probably. Honestly though, money is always helpful because I want to get stuff for all of you guys when I come back but I don’t have any money. But also pretty much anything is great. Socks are always good. I could probably use some more garments, but I might just wait until I get home lol I want to update my wardrobe because I have learned how to dress myself, but again, I’ll just wait until I come home hahaha 

LOVE YOU MOM!

As far as a Secret Santa gift... I’m not sure... what does he even like? Is he still into football? Maybe some football gloves or something. Those are helpful. 


Love you. 
Elder Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment