Wednesday, November 29, 2017

November 28, 2017

Hey Mom!


Sorry, there is definitely not a lot of time to email today because we have to leave in an hour to go pick up the new missionary down in Windsor. Lots of driving. Yay. 

I’ve been learning a lot about the doctrine of Christ and about the Savior as I’ve been studying. I realized that unless I understood more about Jesus Christ and His mission, then I would not be able to understand the doctrine of Christ fully. So I decided to study every reference about Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon. It has been awesome! 

Two of my new favorite verses are Mosiah 3:7-8. I’ll copy paste them here. 

7 And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.
8 And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.

As I read those verses, I asked myself a couple of questions and wrote down some of my thoughts. 


How many drops of His precious blood were spilled for me? 

He is the Son of God, the only perfect person to ever walk the earth. He is the kindest, most loving, most wonderful being. He created the Universe! He is the most holy, and the most pure. 

How is His life in exchange for mine fair? How is that fair? That is so unjust! His pure and precious blood was given in exchange for mine. As I came to that realization, it hit me hard. I am so grateful to my Savior for what He chose to do in order to save me and you. 

It was just really cool to learn that and to have more gratitude in my heart for the Savior’s Atonement. The Book of Mormon is awesome. 

I think you and I are very similar that way- we like to look at the discrepancies between where we are and where we want to be. It makes me very frustrated and it makes me discouraged. I know it does the same for you. 
President McMurray has really helped me with this. He said “Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good” 

We can’t let perfection be the enemy of good! If we are striving so hard to be perfect, be perfect, be perfect, be perfect, then we will miss the good things in life. We will be so focused on being perfect that we will get discouraged even when we are doing good things. That phrase is something that helped me, so I hope it can help you. 

I love you Mom! You are doing awesome. I love the quotes that you shared. Thank you! 

I’m sorry that I don’t have a lot of time. <3

Thanks for the prayers! They really do help. 

Elder Bush


PS


Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!
I am eternally grateful that you and Dad decided to get married and not only bring us into this world, but teach us the gospel. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment