Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 14, 2017


Hey everyone! 

First things first, I want to apologize for missing the last couple of weeks. I’m really sorry. I’m super bad at this email writing stuff. 

Second thing, 
I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. I simply don’t have the time to email all of you this week and thank you (My mom takes priority guys, sorry) 

BUT I sincerely appreciate all of the wishes. Especially you. Yes, you.

Thirdly, 

Rawlins is awesome. 
Never thought I would say that. It seriously is great though. We have a lot of work to do and the people are so nice. We hardly have time to tract. Which is kind of a bummer because I want to tract out my area at least twice before I leave 😂 

Spiritual thought for the week:

In Mosiah 3:19, it says “Become as a little child”. I kind of wanted to talk about that phrase because we often forget that the gospel isn’t just a bunch of stuff that we have to do. It’s not a checklist to a happy life. 

The gospel is a pattern to become! The gospel will help us become better people, which will then bring us more joy for happiness. It’s not doing those things that makes us happier. It is becoming more like the Savior that makes us happier. 

So don’t forget that this week guys! Repentance is wonderful. The gospel is the challenge to become. (Take a look at Elder Oak’s talk “The Challenge to Become” October 200 General Conference)

I love you appropriately.
Elder Bush






Thanks Mom! You know, I actually woke up this morning and I am even more grateful for you today. I wouldn’t be having any birthdays if it wasn’t for you. Not even one birthday. So thank you.

SO.... nothing is showing up in the photoshare because I haven’t posted anything lol my pictures keep uploading to the iCloud, making it very difficult for me to redownload them and then put them on the photoshare. I will try to get them on there today. 

Thanks so much for that money. I definitely needed it for my winter gear. I just want you to know that I was/am fully prepared to pay out of my own savings whenever I have to. In fact, I am excited for when I get home to scrimp and save and pay my own way. BYU is definitely cheap enough, I can pay my own way through college. That’s my plan. 

Also, recently I have started on a diet again! (Like 2-3 weeks ago)
I am eating as healthily as possible. If you have any suggestions for healthy and creative things to eat, I am all ears. So far I have oatmeal, cream of wheat, chicken breast, salad, yogurt with fruit and granola, and these things that I love very much called KIND bars. Healthiest snack ever. You should look them up at Wal-mart. They are really good. It just feels good to eat healthy. And it is totally possible to eat healthy and have it taste good. I hope I can continue my healthy eating habits when I get home. I am now back to my original weight before I entered the mission field. I’m at 145 again instead of 165. The six pack is back. Oh yeah hahahaha

Thanks for your advice about Elder Fazar. President McMurray gave me some similar advice this week. I have been trying to apply it, and I will follow your advice too, and I know that it will help! 

This week we had a crazy experience in Cheyenne. We were there for zone conference, which was great. Do you remember Jan Ross? She is a recent convert in Cheyenne who I came very close to. Well, her son ran away with suicidal intent that day, and so she texted me freaking out. We had her come to the church and we gave her a blessing there with President McMurray as voice. We spent a lot of time trying to comfort her and being there to support her. After we left, she went home and found her son sitting on the couch watching TV like nothing had happened. She really struggled with that, as anyone would. She and her son are trying to mend their relationship now, but it was really a tender mercy that we had zone conferences that day because we were able to help her out and be there for her when she was going through that rough time. 

I’ve been learning a lot recently about faith! Also about my purpose as a missionary. 

I love that you listed all those questions and the answers to them in your email! I have found that the best way for me to get things out of my studies is to ask questions and seek the answer until I find it. 

This week, a question I have been pondering is “What does it mean that Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith?” 

My response was that he is the author of our faith because in the beginning, we place our faith in Him. From the beginning, He is there, making it possible for us to even have faith. And He is the finisher of our faith because He is the one who purifies and “finishes” the faith that we have. He makes our faith strong and finishes it. Super cool.

Also while reading Mosiah 3:19 I learned that the purpose of the doctrine of Christ is to help us become as a little child. It is much less about what we do than who we are. He says “Become as a little child” not “Act as a little child”. Being submissive, meek, humble, patient, and full of love are character traits, not necessarily actions! Actions follow those attributes and we cannot develop those attributes without actions, but the plan of salvation and the doctrine of Christ is all about becoming. Not necessarily doing. I liked that a lot. 

Also, I did get my birthday package! Thank you so much! I will enjoy/need the hot chocolate soon. Thank you all so much for the gifts you sent. I am very thankful for them. Especially the potato soup ;P

You will be proud to know that I spent most of my birthday today cleaning. I am becoming OCD. I also bought some fragrance candles so our place can smell good and look good. Pictures next week when I have finished cleaning hahaha I will leave what it looked like before up to your imagination. 

i love you so much mom! You are amazing. 

<3
Elder Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment