Monday, August 21, 2017

August 21, 2017

Dear everyone. I love you all. Today we watched the eclipse with our
mission president! It was pretty cool actually.

This week a lot of our appointments fell through and cancelled, so we
had a hard time. We were able to see a really cool miracle of having
one of the families we are working with attend church. They haven't
been to church in a long time so it was super awesome to see that! I
love them.

This email has been super lame. I know. It is usually like this... I
will try harder in the future

Appropriate love,
Elder Bush

You all just wanted the pictures anyways hahaha









Email to Mom:

We got to watch the eclipse with President and Sister McMurray at their house. It was super fun! It was really cool because it got noticeably cooler outside and it got darker. It was sweet. 

Elder McFadden and I also played this game called "Can Jam". You have two cardboard boxes with a slit cut in one side and the top completely open. The object of the game is to get a frisbee to touch or get into the cardboard box. You throw the frisbee from about 20 feet away. You both stand next to your boxes, and you are allowed to touch the frisbee once after your teammate throws it, so you can maybe hit it into the box. Super fun game! I don't know if my description helps you understand it. Maybe next P-day we will send a video of us playing. 

That sounds like a really busy week! I'm glad the campout was fun. Bummed that I miss Reuben's baptism, but it's okay. That's super cool that The Other Bush's saw Elder Allen! Hahaha that is so funny. I wonder if they got a picture. Probably not but that's still pretty cool! 

This week we had a lot of Zone conferences. Well, actually, let me backtrack. 

Tuesday morning we drove 4 missionaries home. They went home mid-transfer so they could get to school. It was a weird feeling to drop them off, mostly because the sister who came out with me, Sister Goldberg, went home! I hit my 18 month mark on Reuben's birthday. We were in Cheyenne for a Zone Conference that day. 
That whole week is kind of a blur, because we basically did the same thing every day! We got up early, went and set up Zone Conference for president McMurray, sat through Zone Conference, gave our training, and then did missionary work from about 4 or 5 until the evening. (Except for Thursday and Friday, we had to drive on those days) it was crazy. I will send a picture of our training. I wrote it in my notebook so I have to take a picture of it . It was great to see all my mission friends last week. It's always pretty fun. I think I'd rather be doing missionary work though. 

It is pretty insane to me to realize that I have been on my mission for 18 months already. It feels like being a missionary is just simply my life! I don't know how it feels to be a "normal person" hahaha

On Sunday we had a Part- member family come to church! They are the Cooks. The daughter, who is 14, isn't a member, and she is currently on date for baptism for October 21st! (Evelyn's birthday haha) it is quite a ways away but we are excited for her family because they have been less active for quite some time. Almost the entire family came to church this week. It was a big step for them! They are such a great family. 

Awesome thoughts/insights! I love the scripture where He says that: "my kindness shall not depart from thee". Beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment