Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017

I did not email last week. I am sorry. I'm super bad at this, in case
you guys hadn't noticed. Anyways, I'm doing well, and the mission is
amazing! We are trying to be creative with our finding methods. We are
starting a scripture study class here in a few weeks. It should be
fun! I will let you guys know how that goes.

Quick thought:

"Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which
I have given unto you--that I came into the world to do the will of my
Father, because my Father sent me."

3 Nephi 27:13

This is also our purpose in life! To do the will of our Father who
sent us. This is the only way we find true joy.

I love you all!
Have a good week.


Appropriately yours,
Elder Bush






























(Email to Mom)

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Thank you for the updates! I
can't believe that Leslie is at college! Too insane. So hard to wrap
my mind around that. Before you know it, Owen and Troy will be leaving
the house too. Wow. I loved getting all the pictures and seeing how
the "drop- off" went! Leslie is going to love BYU-I. I just hope she
doesn't get married within the first 6 months hahaha wow. I hope she
does better at keeping contact with you guys than I did... I wish I
had kept more in touch when I was at college. I am excited to go back
and start learning again. I feel like my brain has turned into mush
lol

I still can't comprehend that leslie has the house! Crazy. I'm excited for her.

also I think that it is so cool that the kids piano teacher finally
came to church! That's awesome! The power of simple invitations can
never be underestimated!

I can't believe how fast the time is flying! This week I will hit my
19 month mark 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

I am running out of time and I just want to keep working harder and
harder. I'm sure it was kinda rough on you guys last week- I'm sorry.
We didn't really get a pday. The only time we had on Monday was the
time I spent emailing you guys. So we basically worked 2 weeks
straight without a p-day! I'm sure all the time I've wasted on my
mission must have added up to at least a day or two so I'm not worried
about missing one hahaha I'll have plenty when I get home lol

Now let me tell you how insane this week was! Hopefully there are some
missionary highlights too :)

Monday: we spent all day getting ready for transfers the next day. We
discovered that there was a funeral scheduled at the building where we
normally have transfers, so we had to move everything to a different
building (namely all the cars had to be transported over) it was
pretty busy. Then we had to take a missionary to the airport and drop
him off because he was headed to Australia and he finally got his
visa. Then we had to deal with all the departing missionaries and help
get their luggage situated and get all their cars in the right spots.
That was sort of a nightmare because it was a big group going home. We
didn't eat dinner that night, that's how busy we were. We got to be
around 11.

Tuesday: we woke up at 2:30 AM! We got dressed and ready and drove all
the departing missionaries to the airport so they could be there by 5
to make their flights at 7. I dropped off one of my previous
companions, Elder Callahan. Man, I love that guy. He's awesome. We had
breakfast with the McMurrays and then we went back to the airport to
pick up all the new missionaries! There were 25 of them, so as you can
imagine, it was a crazy experience to try and guide 25 brand new
missionaries and their luggage around the Denver International
Airport. We somehow did it, and then once we all got to the vans and
fed the new missionaries lunch, we realized that one of them was
feeling really really sick. Like needed to go to the urgent care sick.
Apparently he had gotten about 10 hours of sleep over the past 3 days
and we later discovered that he had mono. 😬 so my companion drove him
to the urgent care, and the rest of us drove all the new missionaries
to the church building next to the temple where we unloaded their
luggage and then drove them all over to the mission office to do the
new missionary orientation. Elder Borges helped me do the new
missionary orientation even though he had never done it before. That
was fun hahaha and then we drove them all back to the temple to give
them to their trainers. Elder McFadden and a "Elder Urgent Care" as he
was affectionately dubbed, were finally back. We then had to drive all
the new missionaries and their luggage up to Casper Wyoming. Yay. We
didn't get to leave Windsor until about 7 PM because of all the stuff
we had to do to make sure transfers went smoothly. (I hadn't eaten
lunch or dinner yet because there hadn't been enough at the airport)
It was in this state that we began the 3 1/2 hour drive up to Casper,
having not slept in about 15 or 16 hours. We stopped in Cheyenne and
grabbed some dinner from McDonald's and then drove the rest of the way
up. I think I have mastered the techniques of keeping myself awake
when I drive. I can't listen to music because I can't use headphones,
and when everyone else is asleep, I can't really blast music either,
so I just leaned my seat all the way back so I didn't have anything to
rest on and forced myself to stay awake by maintaining really good
posture all the way up.

Wednesday: By some miracle we made it up to Casper, dropped all the
new missionaries off to their new companions, and then eventually made
it to bed by 12:30 AM. For about 29 seconds I considered just staying
awake until 2:30 so I could pull a full 24 hours but then I remembered
that we had to get up at 6:30 to make it back down to DIA to pick up a
missionary whose flight had been cancelled the day before. We slept
for about 6 hours and then drove 5 hours down to DIA to pick up the
new guy. We then drove all the way back up to Windsor and dropped him
off with his companion. For the rest of the day, we fixed Area Book
problems, did our studies, and went to a couple of teaching
appointments. Honestly I don't remember very much of what happened
that day. The rest of it kinda passed in a blur.

Thursday: we had exchanges! We got almost a full day of proselyting. I
was exhausted. We had a couple of cool miracles! We found 2 pretty
solid potential investigators, one who was really touched by the
Spirit. His name was Jay and he was looking for a church. We told him
we would be back to read the Book of Mormon with him. I am excited for
that one. We worked hard all day and eventually got to bed around
10:45 that night.

Friday: we had MLC! It was a meeting from 8 AM to 4 PM. I will talk
more about some cool stuff from that meeting in my email to dad. Elder
McFadden and I were struggling to stay awake during that one.

Saturday: we took a missionary home to the airport.  That we super
sad, because he was going home early. Depressing morning for sure. But
airport trip number 4 out if the week... ugh. Also, we had to put
together a report for the missions key indicators and we also did
weekly Planning. That took up most of our day. We were also still
exhausted, so we were definitely less than effective, but we also
managed to do missionary work that day too! We had a good lesson about
the tree of life with one of the less actives in the ward.

Sunday: we had 4 less actives come to church! That was awesome! Also,
Douglas D Holmes of the young men's general presidency kinda just
showed up to our ward. That was kinda nuts. Super cool though. He gave
a great talk and helped energize the ward so that was cool.

Anyways, that was pretty much our week! I don't remember a lot of
other stuff, but we probably spent about 30 hours in the car (at
least) lol driving from place to place to place. Ridiculous. We are
excited to do missionary work this week. :)

Love you mom

❤️❤️❤️
Elder Bush

1 comment: